1. Natural disasters destroy buildings, infrastructure and networks,
2. leaving children with limited entertainment,
3. and anxiety that makes it harder to sleep and socialize.
1. Distressed children seek comfort objects.
2. Repetitive exposure to textural stimulation comforts and promotes healthy cognitive development.
3. The Pillow Foundation’s body pillow has textural variety to stimulate the senses, an internal pouch for calming scents, and fabric rocks for play.
1. We provide the patterns. Volunteers donate the fabrics and sew the pillows. We stuff them and provide quality control.
2. The Red Cross distributes them with other relief supplies.